Job Vacancy Archive
Part-time SL User Experience (UX) Developer
Knowledge Media Institute (KMi)
£24,370 - £29,099, Ref: 7344
Based in Milton Keynes
Temporary part-time contract until 31st July 2012
Application closed on: Thursday 11 August 2011.
The Open University’s Knowledge Media Institute has an opening for a part-time User Experience Developer on the SocialLearn project. The SocialLearn project is investigating the future of online social learning, and draws on expertise from across the OU [http://www.open.ac.uk/sociallearn]. You will report to the SocialLearn Senior Project Manager and work closely with the SocialLearn team. Your duties will include:
- Developing and preparing use cases and feature specifications that can be implemented in liaison with a web designer/developer;
- Designing and conducting user trials to gather qualitative (and, as appropriate, quantitative) data;
- Proposing UI improvements that can be implemented by programmers;
- Designing, recording and producing user-oriented screencasts about the system;
- Contributing to the provision of documentation for new or improved products and services.
To apply, please fill the application form below and also include a Covering Letter (a maximum of 2,500 words) and CV
We promote diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Hard copies and access details for disabled applicants are available from the Recruitment Co-ordinator by email firstname.lastname@example.org