People Powered Change: MK:Smart Citizen LabKate Dungate, Thursday 15 May 2014 | Annotate
Are you interested in shaping the future of transport, energy and water use in Milton Keynes?
Hear stimulating talks from our guest speakers about some innovative community initiatives, and get involved in the debate for change in MK.
MK:Smart Citizen Lab is part of the MK:Smart project, a smart city initiative led by the Open University.
The People Powered Change workshop in Central Milton Keynes is just one in a series of events that give you the chance to share your ideas on how to address local infrastructure issues.
Date: Wednesday 21 May
Time: 10am – 2pm (Lunch provided)
Venue: Margaret Powell Suite, Midsummer House, Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes
10.00 - 10.30 Refreshments
10.30 - 12.00 Talks from guest speakers
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch, networking and warm up for next session
13.00 - 14.00 Citizen Lab (citizen forum on Smart City ideas)
Spaces are going fast, so book now to avoid disappointment.
MK:Smart partner, Community Action MK will be hosting the event in Central Milton Keynes. Listen to talks about real community initiatives that are happening right now, and then share your thoughts and ideas over lunch.
- Ged Devin, Cooperatives UK - on community shares
- Cat Hobbs, We Own It - on the role of public ownership of services
- James Alcock, The Plunkett Foundation - on community ownership of local shops, pubs, libraries, renewable energy schemes and more
- Katherine Horsham, Here To Isington - on co-production and developing volunteering
- Jeremy Fennell, Locality - on the latest successes in asset-based community development
For more information on the series of workshops and how to get involved in the MK:Smart Citizen Lab contact: email@example.com