KMi is a diverse and multidisciplinary R&D lab that has been at the forefront of innovation since 1995, conducting research in computing technologies for social and environmental good. Our research spans Semantic Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Educational Media, Social Data Science, Scholarly Data, Blockchain, Citizen Science, Collective Intelligence, Smart Cities, and others.
Invasion of Ukraine
In line with the majority of people around the world, we at KMi are shocked and appalled by the war in Ukraine, and the irreversible tragedies it is causing. While individual actions may seem insignificant, we strongly believe it is important to join the collective stand in asking the governments of the Russian Federation and Belarus to stop this needless deadly undertaking, resume meaningful peace talks, and save the lives of Ukrainians and Russians alike.
Being aware of the impact of Russian and Belarusian state-financed misinformation campaigns, we call on the Russian and Belarusian academic communities urging them to release public statements of solidarity with Ukraine, reject this war, and to protect and encourage those brave Russians and Belarusian who protest.
Some of our close collaborators have been caught up in this tragic episode, which makes it deeply personal for us.
Below we list a number of links where you can read other statements and contribute to help.
- Letter: Moscow State University Condemns the War in Ukraine: https://www.stopwar.org.uk/article/letter-moscow-state-university-condemns-the-war-in-ukraine/
- UNHCR have the following suggestions including an opportunity to donate in support of refugees and humanitarian assistance: https://www.unrefugees.org.uk/take-action/how-to-help-ukraine
- Collecting medical supplies - https://twitter.com/svakulenk0/status/1497694919967883265
- Labs volunteering to host Ukranian scientists https://twitter.com/Hlashuel/status/1497978917512089602?s=20&t=MCZ5JE_oYHkOBJKL-eSTtA
- Open letter from brave Russian colleague scientists condemning the war: https://www.eureporter.co/world/russia/2022/02/24/an-open-letter-from-russian-scientists-and-science-journalists-against-the-war-with-ukraine/
- In russian with signatures: https://trv-science.ru/2022/02/we-are-against-war/?fbclid=IwAR0oPBDG51Fka32CC7a1fP-K3eLJe7_7_4ttJ3iKaJor9d4J5zMh1gwWQTk
I'm interested in the use of semantic technologies and natural language semantics and generation to improve both intelligent systems and services, and human interactions with them. The Semantic Web...
I have two roles at KMi. Research and Business Development is defining client needs as well as identifying innovations and potential markets for the really cool stuff we do. A client facing role set...
"If you are or want to be a brilliant mind, this is where you want to be!"
Valentina Presutti, Institute of Cognitive Science and Technologies, Italy
"I cannot imagine going to a conference without experiencing deep scientific conversations with KMiers!"
Raphaël Troncy, EURECOM: Graduate School & Research Center, France
"Top location for SW research for decades and going strong!"
Pascal Hitzler, Wright State University, USA
This event will take place on Wednesday 14 September 2022
Agnese Chiatti - Knowledge Media Institute
Robots can assist us in many scenarios that are inconvenient or unsafe for us, e.g., when social distancing needs to be maintained, or under the extreme conditions imposed by hazardous...
Wojciech Kusa - TU Wien
Rapid Systematic Reviews: Automation of Citation Screening with the Usage of Eligibility Criteria
This event took place on Monday 16 May 2022
Dr Fridolin Wild - IET, The Open University
Augmenting Human Performance at Scale with Interactive Technologies
This event took place on Wednesday 31 March 2021
Ms Suchetha Kunnath
Citation Classification for Research Evaluation
This event took place on Thursday 17 December 2020
Cognitive AI - mimicking how we think
This event took place on Friday 06 November 2020