KMi is a diverse and multidisciplinary R&D lab that has been at the forefront of innovation since 1995, conducting research in computing technologies for social and environmental good. Our research spans Semantic Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Educational Media, Social Data Science, Scholarly Data, Blockchain, Citizen Science, Collective Intelligence, Smart Cities, and others.
Invasion of Ukraine
In line with the majority of people around the world, we at KMi are shocked and appalled by the war in Ukraine, and the irreversible tragedies it is causing. While individual actions may seem insignificant, we strongly believe it is important to join the collective stand in asking the governments of the Russian Federation and Belarus to stop this needless deadly undertaking, resume meaningful peace talks, and save the lives of Ukrainians and Russians alike.
Being aware of the impact of Russian and Belarusian state-financed misinformation campaigns, we call on the Russian and Belarusian academic communities urging them to release public statements of solidarity with Ukraine, reject this war, and to protect and encourage those brave Russians and Belarusian who protest.
Some of our close collaborators have been caught up in this tragic episode, which makes it deeply personal for us.
Below we list a number of links where you can read other statements and contribute to help.
- Letter: Moscow State University Condemns the War in Ukraine: https://www.stopwar.org.uk/article/letter-moscow-state-university-condemns-the-war-in-ukraine/
- UNHCR have the following suggestions including an opportunity to donate in support of refugees and humanitarian assistance: https://www.unrefugees.org.uk/take-action/how-to-help-ukraine
- Collecting medical supplies - https://twitter.com/svakulenk0/status/1497694919967883265
- Labs volunteering to host Ukranian scientists https://twitter.com/Hlashuel/status/1497978917512089602?s=20&t=MCZ5JE_oYHkOBJKL-eSTtA
- Open letter from brave Russian colleague scientists condemning the war: https://www.eureporter.co/world/russia/2022/02/24/an-open-letter-from-russian-scientists-and-science-journalists-against-the-war-with-ukraine/
- In russian with signatures: https://trv-science.ru/2022/02/we-are-against-war/?fbclid=IwAR0oPBDG51Fka32CC7a1fP-K3eLJe7_7_4ttJ3iKaJor9d4J5zMh1gwWQTk
My research focuses on the socio-technical factors influencing the design and uptake of Collective Intelligence infrastructures. These are online environments which seek to improve collective...
Kitty Chisholm is a professional coach and facilitator who has worked with Boards and leaders in both the private and public sectors, specialising in career development and strategic change. She is a...
"If you are or want to be a brilliant mind, this is where you want to be!"
Valentina Presutti, Institute of Cognitive Science and Technologies, Italy
"I cannot imagine going to a conference without experiencing deep scientific conversations with KMiers!"
Raphaël Troncy, EURECOM: Graduate School & Research Center, France
"Top location for SW research for decades and going strong!"
Pascal Hitzler, Wright State University, USA
This event will take place on Wednesday 31 August 2022
Dr Grégoire Burel - Knowledge Media Institute
Correcting misconceptions and false beliefs is important for inserting reliable information about COVID-19 into public discourse, but what impact does this have on the continued proliferation...
Dr Enrico Daga - Knowledge Media Institute
Data integration with a façade. The case of Knowledge Graph construction.
This event took place on Wednesday 13 July 2022
Wojciech Kusa - TU Wien
Rapid Systematic Reviews: Automation of Citation Screening with the Usage of Eligibility Criteria
This event took place on Monday 16 May 2022
Dr Fridolin Wild - IET, The Open University
Augmenting Human Performance at Scale with Interactive Technologies
This event took place on Wednesday 31 March 2021
Ms Suchetha Kunnath
Citation Classification for Research Evaluation
This event took place on Thursday 17 December 2020