Apply for a Studentship
How to apply
Currently open PhD positions can be found on our vacancies page. Here a number of project topics are listed and it is strongly recommended that applicants contact the named supervisor(s) for the topic of interest to get more information about developing a project proposal. It is also important to read the online prospectus before downloading and completing the appropriate application form.
- Application form (UK) if you are resident in the UK.
- Application form (Overseas) if you are resident elsewhere.
- Application form (Transfer) if you are transferring from another institution.
Completed application forms must be accompanied by: a covering letter/email, explaining your reasons for applying; a research proposal, maximum length 2,000 words; and a full curriculum vitae, giving the contact details for two academic referees.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com. Please CC the supervisor(s) for your chosen topic when submitting your application.
All applicants must have a first or upper second class degree from a UK university or the overseas equivalent and ideally a relevant Masters degree. Unless from a majority English-speaking country, non-EEA applicants will require an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6 in each element of Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing. IELTS Certificates are valid for a period of 2-years.
Postgraduate Research Student Tutors:
Feel free to contact one of the tutors for advice about doing a PhD in KMi
- Dr Anna De Liddo ( +44 (0)1908 653591)
- Dr Trevor Collins ( +44 (0)1908 655731)
- Ms Ortenz Rose (Email: / Phone: +44 (0) 1908 654774 / Mail: Knowledge Media Institute, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK).
For information about the recruitment process contact the recruitment coordinator in KMi